Terms and Conditions of Sale
By purchasing any wine from Twenty-Twenty Wine Merchants, you agree that you are bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
- 1. All wine is sold “AS-IS,” without any representations or warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, as to merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or the correctness of the catalog or other description of physical condition. Anything "Old" wines are NOT guaranteed for drinkability.
- 2.All risks of loss and damage to wine passes to you upon shipment of the wine purchased and we are not responsible for any acts or omissions in connection with the packing or shipping of the wines or of carriers, whether or not recommended or selected by us. All wines purchased are nevertheless insured for shipping purposes.
- 3.You shall pay any applicable state and local taxes, and any applicable compensating use tax of another state which we may be required by law to collect at the time of the payment of the purchase price.
- 4.In addition to other remedies available to us by law, we reserve the right to impose from the date of sale a late charge of 1 1/2% per month on any unpaid amounts.
- 5.These Terms and Conditions of Sale, as well as your and our respective rights and obligations hereunder, shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of California. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction with any wine purchased from us. In no event shall our liability ever exceed the purchase price actually paid by you for such wine.
- 6.Purchasing and Shipping Wine Legally: You must be 21 years of age to purchase and/or receive wine from us.
- 7.Returns and Cancellations: There will be a 7% restocking/cancellation fee enforced for any order that is cancelled by the customer, including pre-arrival and Future orders.
Privacy & Security
Twenty Twenty Wine Merchants takes the protection and proper use of your personal information seriously.
Information Collection and Use
Twenty Twenty Wine Merchants is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. Twenty Twenty Wine Merchants collects information from our users at several different points on our 2020wines.com website.
You may, from time to time, receive information from us about new features, new services and special offers we think you'll find valuable.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the end-user's hard drive containing information that relates directly to the end-user's visit to our web site. Any information placed in the cookie is accessible ONLY to Twenty Twenty Wine Merchants, and will NOT be sold or shared with anyone else under any circumstances. We use a cookie to store a unique session identifier, and this allows us to maintain your shopping cart and state selection from one page request to the next. We are also able to maintain your session information from one visit to the next. By setting a cookie on our site, the user would not have to log in more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. If a user rejects the cookie, they may still browse our site. Unfortunately, the user experience will be greatly curtailed. In addition, the user will be unable to log in or make a purchase. Cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site and show you the products that your order history indicates you prefer.
No registration is required in order to use this website, though a user must create an account prior to any purchase. During account creation a user is required to give their user name, first and last name, email address, address, zip code, and a password of 5-16 characters in length. This information is used to contact the user about the services on our site for which they have expressed interest and so we can have another means to contact you should any reason arise regarding an order.
Twenty Twenty Wine Merchants order forms request information from users such as: Contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (credit card number, expiration date, billing address, and billing phone number). This information is used for billing purposes to verify the customer is of legal age, and to fill customers' orders. If we have trouble processing an order, this contact information is used to get in touch with the user. This information is taken in a secure area, is encrypted for our customers' protection, and is not sold or shared with anyone else under any circumstances.
We collect contact information for gift recipients in order to ensure correct gift delivery. We do not sell or rent any contact information for gift recipients.
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Twenty Twenty Wine Merchants will not share aggregated demographic information.
We value your privacy very much at Twenty Twenty Wine Merchants, and will never release any account information to anyone outside of the necessary core groups that help our business function, like those mentioned above unless our customers give us the authority to do so.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that Twenty Twenty Wine Merchants is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
If a user wishes to subscribe to our newsletter, we ask for contact information such as name and email address. If at any time you should wish to unsubscribe, simply unsubscribe on our unsubscribe page by inputting the email address which you entered when you first subscribed to the newsletter.
When our order form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number and/or social security number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry - SSL (Secure Socket Layers), provided by VeriSign, the premier encryption software company available today. While on a secure page such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to unlocked, or open, when you are just 'surfing'.
While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information offline. All of our users' information, like the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. If one of these people leaves their workstation, they are required to lock their station until they return. Furthermore, ALL employees are kept up to date on our security and privacy practices.
Payment, Pricing & Promotions
VISA, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, cash, checks.
Product Substitution on Gift Baskets Only
It is Twenty Twenty Wine Merchants' policy not to substitute any of the products that are included in our gift basket selection. However, due to limited availability of a few exclusive specialty products, Twenty Twenty Wine Merchants must reserve the right to make substitutions of items pictured in the catalog with products of an equal or higher value if orders exceed available stock.